As promised on last night’s podcast, here is some important information related to the 2013 Classic. Please review in advance of your travel to Lakefront.
Thursday, June 20:
- 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Warm-up/batting practice/pick-up games (Note: lunch is on your own).
- Approximately 3 p.m. – Old/Young Rock N’ Jock Game (see rules below).
- Approximately 5 p.m. – Home Run Derby (bring cash for entry fee if you choose to participate).
- Immediately following HRD – Dinner (first meal of tournament).
- Approximately 8:30 p.m. – Jersey distribution/welcome to SLW & weekend reminder/presentations.
- Dark – Premier of Twenty Weekends at Lakefront (an original film by Jeff Cain/Double Nickel Productions) at the lower pavilion.
Friday, June 21:
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. – Batting practice/breakfast.
- 9:45 a.m. – Group photo.
- 10 a.m – 4 p.m. – Tournament play.
- Midday – Lunch.
- Approximately 6 p.m. – Dinner.
- 8 p.m. – Tenacious E farewell concert.
Saturday, June 22:
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Batting practice/breakfast.
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Tournament play.
- Midday – Lunch.
- Approximately 4 p.m. – Post-season tournament play.
- Immediately following championship – Field clean-up/breakdown.
- Immediately following field clean-up – Dinner.
Sunday, June 23:
- Morning – Departure.
Weekend Documents for Review
- The 2013 regular-season, post-season, umpire and stat schedule can be found here. (NOTE TEAM COLORS FOR PURPOSES OF UNIFORM PLANNING).
- The 2013 updated rule book (updates highlighted in gray) can be found here. (ALL WIFFLERS/PLATE UMPIRES PLEASE REVIEW).
- The plate umpire guidelines can be found here. (PLATE UMPIRES PLEASE REVIEW).
- Rock N’ Jock game rules can be found here.
We anticipate more lake time than the last several years, so don’t forget your swim trunks and flippy floppies.
Finally, the standard reminders to bring a pillow, blanket, towel and outdoor chair to Shangri La’ for the weekend. The ladies have asked that no shoes (especially game shoes/spikes) be worn in the house.
Let us know if you have questions and we look forward to seeing you all next week!